Lamentable day in my life…

19th of July 2OO8….having not known as holiday,some of my friends went to college(with bags...)and came back(with a smile on their faces :p).All my friends assembled at my place. It being a holiday, and the sky looked like shimmer of colors on iridescent feathers, we decided to play cricket. Everyone agreed to play and v all started from my place at 1 :30 pm….

THE GROUND: The rays of sun falling vertically on us.The match begun at around 2 pm and totally 14 members( v r carrying 13 cells + 1 i-pod..) participated in that act. I won the toss and elected to bat. We packed our cells in a bag and placed it in a safe area.(very near to our pitch..).

My performance was not so good that day with the bat. But my team has talented players and we posed a challenging total on the board.( A bit Exaggerated...). Now the ball is in our hands.we need to bowl well to win.Cnu(maverick player), only pace attack in our team.The batsman was Naveen( Bats like sehwag..very dangerous..). Every one deeply soaked up in the match. The first ball he faced sailed out of the ground, and same the case with the next ball.we got frustrated. This was not the start we were expecting. Naveen ready to play another shot. Thwach..It was a bouncer around off stump line and Naveen pulls it through midwicket and the ball flew right to Santosh, who spills it. Now then….now then….dropped by Santosh…He has let the big cat escape. That should have been swallowed.

Feeling thirsty we went to have some drinks in a bakery near the ground. After returning, I heard a sound from my friend..”Alas..we lost it”.( Definitely not match..but more than that...) we were shocked. I burst into tears..How do I stop myself from crying even though I’m fighting to control? An exclamation of surprise, shock and Amazement. For a moment I couldn’t utter a word. we went in different directions( Not too far..)to search for it. But unsuccessful. We lost it. We lost the bag in which we placed all our cells.( 5 cells + 1 i-pod ).

Now, let me be clear by mentioning names of all my friends(alphabetically) involved in that act. Cnu, Cr, Goutham, HariNath, Kishore, Madhukar, Naveen(dont want to mention his nick name…), Naveen, RaviTeja, Praveen Talari, Prateek, pappu, Ram Chandra, Santosh. The cost of bag was around 30K( Calculating cost of cells..).We decided to complain to cops !!

POLICE STATION: In movies I have seen all these things, but that day I felt really bad, having such a police men. To enter into the station we need to Greece their palms ( Bribe...Well come to India...). We(only few..remaining were at the ground) gave a detail explanation about the incident and filed an FIR.

To our Astonishment, Cnu received a call from Harinath that the thief had returned to the ground.( This happened at around 6:00 pm.. ). I dunno how they got info regarding the thief. ( I was not in the ground at that instant…). Hmm….We hired an auto,( In which police nd Cr travelled…only ONE police men..)and proceeded towards the ground(no security or reconnaissance)..

Not all should be revealed.Few are more valued only when they are kept within ourselves...hahaha..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BGHS Reunion -12th june..

Secret Battle With Depression...

Software Engineers Waiting For Haircut ..